What is ISO 9001:2015?
Superseding ISO9001 : 2008, ISO 9001 : 2015 is an internationally recognised standard that lays out requirements to which an organisation must adhere, to demonstrate that it’s business functions are managed within a framework committed to achieving customer satisfaction through continual improvement of its product or service. The framework is commonly referred to as a quality management system. As ISO 9001 : 2015 is an internationally recognised standard, most quality management systems are based on its requirements.
The standard focuses on how your organisation;
- Identifies and manages stakeholder requirements,
- Identifies and manages risk,
- Controls important documentation and records,
- Manages the competency of employees & resources,
- Manages quality within your production or service provision process,
- Manages critical suppliers and customer requirements,
- Reviews internal processes and problems,
- Manages commitment to an ethos of continual improvement.